Source: Eastern Cape Master Builders Association
- Take the employee aside and isolate him/her from the rest of the staff
- Phone the COVID Hotline number 08000 299 99 or your local GP/IOD Centre
- The GP or medical centre will then contact the NICD
- The NICD will then handle the situation from there. They will collect the staff member
- and get them tested.
- If the employee is tested positive, the NICD will investigate further to see who they have been in contact with.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to report the situation and control it until the NICD can arrive.
- Do not transport the employee anywhere off site in company vehicles
- Do not take the employee to a doctor or send them home to make their own arrangements