Government continues to consult with Business and Civil Society on the move to Level 3 of the Nationwide Lockdown. We are convinced that some areas must also move to Level 2 urgently but that, either way, all active construction work should fall under level 4.
To this end the MBA has made further representations to Government and will continue to lobby, by all means available, for the urgent, safe and responsible return to work for our industry.
We are starting to focus back on the normal at the MBA as well as we cannot afford to overlook the day to day issues that our members face and with which they need our support. Certain of our staff are returning to the office in a phased manner and MBA meetings are resuming albeit on Zoom or Skype. Sadly, our highly popular MBA Dinners have been postponed to 2021 so we will have to find another way to socialise for the remainder of 2020.
Some tips for those returning to work:
- Plan your re-start carefully
- Make sure you have all the information you need
- Check out the DEL Health & Safety Directive & Guidelines
- Prepare a COVID Safety Plan
- Conduct Proper Risk Assessments
- Educate & train your employees
- Keep the Necessary records
- Don’t restart illegally – It can have disastrous consequences
- Follow out COVID Articles on the MBA website
- Call the MBA for help and assistance
Please keep following us on Email, Website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for regular industry updates.
The MBA Team